Saturday, May 8, 2010

PowerPoint 2010 Transitions and Lectora

I've been having loads of fun playing with the fancy new transition features in PowerPoint 2010. Because of that, I wanted to speak to the Lectora users out there.

Lectora offers a great PowerPoint integration tool (formerly called Integrator). When you import your PowerPoint storyboard into a Lectora title, the wizard asks if you wish to retain the transition settings. This is a great feature. You don't have to reprogram Lectora to utilize transitions because Lectora uses those transitions. It's a bit different with 2010 though, so you need to be ware!

I've tried several times to incorporate some of the fancy new transitions (if you haven't seen them it's TOTALLY worth a look) into Lectora. Each time however, it loses my transitions because they do not already exist within the Lectora program. This is definitely something I want to talk to Trivantis support about because these funky new features make my Articulate courses look amazing, and I'd like to retain this look when I import my storyboards into Lectora.

Want to try the new Office 2010 Beta – get it here http://www.microsoft.com/office/2010/en/default.aspx

***A word of caution – if you use Groove 2007 do not user Groove 2010 – it may not function properly (Ask me, I know). There are a few posts about the problem which I won't discuss here so "bing" it or "google" it, whichever you prefer.

Enjoy the beta – which I believe will function until October 2010. When you do – you'll be hooked! I just love it.

No comments: